Hello Everyone!

Come in and introduce yourself
Clarkie1204

Hello Everyone!

Post by Clarkie1204 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:56 pm

Hi Everyone,

My name is Craig and own two companies called V&C Designs and Signature Graphix based in East Sussex (UK)
I have been in business for over two years operating a number of pieces of equipment but relevant to this site is my SP300i which I absolutely love.

I'm looking for assistance with moving the machine in a week or so to a new location so really hoping you guys can provide advice or assist with the move.

Wish everyone a good day and look forward to connecting.

Best regards
Craig

Joe Wigzell
Gold Member

Re: Hello Everyone!

Post by Joe Wigzell » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:18 pm

Hiya Craig,

Nice to have you join us!
I'm sure one of the tech guys or somebody with previous experience of moving a machine will be able to give you some pointers for the relocation, how far are you going/how will you be moving the machine?
You could give them a call to talk through any procedures necessary however it would be nice for one of them to make a post on here for any future readers...Kai/Ryan over to you??
Joe Wigzell
Academy and Creative Centre Manager
Roland DG UK Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

Clarkie1204

Post by Clarkie1204 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:33 pm

Hi Joe,

I'm moving the Roland 10 miles from my existing home, but where it is now it needs to be taken off the stand and down a flight of stairs. The only problem is that there isn't enough room to turn it round the stairs so needs to go over the top of the bannister and then taken down to a handling level. It was awkward getting it up and knew it be equally the same getting it down but that was two years, then it was empty too.
Guessing the printer also has to stay horizontal so putting up on the end once drained isn't an option either?
Ideally I'd like someone to come and do it for me if possible, at least that way I know it's getting done properly.

Best regards
Craig

Kai Perry

Post by Kai Perry » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:17 pm

Hi Craig,

First off you would need to perform a Pump Up, this will empty the machine of ink, you will then need to remove the drain bottle and put the bung in and head lock as well.

You can then take the machine off the stand and move it, with the ink empty you will be able to tilt as needed.
Kai Perry
RolandCare Advisor
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

Clarkie1204

Post by Clarkie1204 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:02 pm

Hi Kai,

Thanks for your message and advice. Apologies if I have already replied but couldn't see my response in the thread so thought I'd better send again just encase.

Am assuming the procedure is in the operating manual and 4 cleaning cartridges are used for the process?

Will this mean that the printer will be okay to lift on to one end to work the sharp angle of the top of the stairs rather than having to try and manoeuvre flat over the bannister? If I can lift on the end it will make the whole move a lot easier but was concerned that it had to stay completely level, or there abouts, to prevent damage to the head/board/components etc?

Thanks again, your guidance is much appreciated.

Cheers

mrtn
Gold Member

Post by mrtn » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:52 pm

You don't need cleaning cartridges if you reload the ink within 48 hours from pump-up. Preferably ASAP.
You can tilt the machine as much as you like when it's empty. Avoid putting it on the floor on any other part than the bottom frame. Make sure the people lifting it grab the rigid metal parts, not plastic covers. The frame is extremely rigid and doesn't mind the move. Have some styrenefoam or other packaging material blocks ready for support to prevent vibration on the way.
If you have the drain bottle mount plug and use it to cover the drain tubes make sure you don't put the unit down on its bottom without supports like the abovementioned styrenefoam blocks or similar. If the plug is lost, use toilet paper or kitchen towel and a piece of tape to catch the occasional drips of drained ink from the drain tube. Check that the drain tube is in place hanging downwards and has not moved up in the frame before reinstalling the bottle.
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram

Clarkie1204

Post by Clarkie1204 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:22 pm

Hi mrtn and Kai,

The information supplied is great.

Just to be clear, as long as the pump up is carried out, I can tilt on to one end and no damage will occur to the internal parts. Is there any other procedure that I have to carry out once it's at it's final destination upon switching back on?

I'm also having difficulty finding the info on carrying out a pump up, could you point me in the right direction please?

Many thanks

RagnaröK

Post by RagnaröK » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:07 pm

Hi!

It should be: [Menu]---[Ink Control]---[Pump Up]. After its done switch off the machine and do everything "mrtn" said.
If you are done the moving, then restore physical parts of the machine as it was before the moving idea =).
After setting it up again switch it on and perform next: [Menu]---[Ink Control]---[Fill Ink] ... let it do its magic and if its done,
you are good to work again.
Geotime Advertising Technology

Clarkie1204

Post by Clarkie1204 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:38 pm

Hi
Thanks for your advice, I will check out those settings in a min.
Do you know if it will empty all the cartridges or just the tubes/pipes?
Thanks again
Craig

mrtn
Gold Member

Post by mrtn » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:42 pm

It asks to remove the cartridges first. Always follow the instructions on screen and do accordingly. Do not try to follow any other logic, it may differ from the one the machine follows :)
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram