Printing, Laminating and Cutting Crop Marks

Printing, Laminating and Cutting Crop Marks

Postby heatherhd14 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:33 pm

I have a BN-20 and am having trouble with the crop marks. I print the sticker with crop marks, laminate it, then put it back through the printer. I line the crop marks up with the little "Trench" in the printer, then hit "Cut Only" on VersaWorks, The first time I did this it was flawless...however it was on a rectangular sticker. The round stickers I am trying to cut are not working. The cut is not aligning perfectly with the sticker at all! I've tried everything I can think of. And yes, I put the stickers in the exact same way they came out.

Another question, how do you print and cut stickers so they fully cut through the back of the vinyl so that they can be popped out for re-sale?

thank you!
heatherhd14

Re: Printing, Laminating and Cutting Crop Marks

Postby Kai Perry » Mon May 06, 2013 10:28 am

Have you tried performing a normal print and cut ?, if so does it complete the job properly ?, it could be that the sensor is not detecting the crop marks properly, try running a job without the laminate and see if this cuts properly.

In order to cut the job through the backing you would need to create a spot colour named PerfCutContour in your design software, then when you have designed the job and brought it into VersaWorks, look in the Cut Controls tab for the expanded Perfect cut controls.
Kai Perry
Technical Support Supervisor
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk
Kai Perry

National Flag:
Great Britain

Re: Printing, Laminating and Cutting Crop Marks

Postby Tom King » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:03 am

Hi Heather,

Please perform the CropCut Adjustment from the BN-20 Utility Software. This will correct the alignment of crop-cut jobs.
Tom King
Technical Support Advisor
Roland DG UK Ltd
www.rolanddg.co.uk
Tom King
Silver Member

National Flag:
Great Britain

Return to Roland VersaWorks and other Software