LEF 20 issues

Ask any questions you have before you make a decision
mikey

LEF 20 issues

Post by mikey » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:08 am

HI

I have a LEF20 since Jan 2014 we are a very low volume user and we are now at a standstill for the 3rd time since buying the machine for calibration issues, i have also been advised that we only have a standard warranty on this machine which means that the engineer/tech dept will call back when they can....... :cry:

the machine has had a replacement had also within this period.... if it cant cope with just the smallest work whats the point!

anybody else got any comments on this machine?

Dennis Poole
Administrator

Re: LEF 20 issues

Post by Dennis Poole » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:28 am

Hi Mikey,

Firstly sorry to hear you are having issues with your LEF-20.

I have had a look at your account and yes you are on a Standard Warranty, however this is the same as our RolandCare Silver Warranty. This means someone from our technical support team will call you back within 3 hours of your call, and if they decide an engineer is needed they will get one out to you within 2 working days.

I have just made our tech support team aware that this is a constant issue and they will look into it in more details.

Kind regards
Dennis
Dennis Poole
Managing Director
RDR Global Limited

mikey

Post by mikey » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:09 pm

QUICK UPDATE.....
Roland warranty is actually quite impressive, forget about response times and once you get an engineer in its virtually a no quibble warranty and they do anything and everything to get you going.... so its a big thumbs up from me!

mikey

Post by mikey » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:46 pm

UV3 inks are a bugger though, i have purchased from different suppliers and expiry dates seem to vary so much from 1 month to 3 month , but Roland advises not placing expired inks into the machine.
i now have a sealed packet of UV3 ink in black that i cannot use and its soooo expensive :(

I check now each batch and insist on 6 month minimum expiry for all inks.

mrtn
Gold Member

Post by mrtn » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:27 pm

It's a stock management issue for the dealer. I first suffered from the same, having to recycle new cartridges just past best before date. Then I realized it's actually cheaper to order smaller quantities to rotate the stock quicker and pay for extra delivery than to deal with the issues related to expired inks. Give your dealer a hint.
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram

mikey

Post by mikey » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:35 pm

can Roland advise if i can return the sealed ink for replacement??

Rob Goleniowski

Post by Rob Goleniowski » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:09 am

Morning Mikey

Thanks for the post and I would suggest taking this up with your dealer as it is them who supplied you the ink and thus your contract of sale is with the dealer. I'm sure they will discuss it with us, but as has previously been mentioned this is a stock management issue on the part of the dealer and they need to ensure it is 1st in and 1st out when they dispatch from their warehouse to you.

Let me know how you get on and hope the LEF-20 is running well.

Rob
Rob Goleniowski
UK & Ireland Sales Manager
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
email: rgoleniowski@rolanddg.com
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk
Follow me: @goleniowski