LEC-330 Usability/ Learnability

Ask any questions you have before you make a decision
Dragprints
Bronze Member

LEC-330 Usability/ Learnability

Post by Dragprints » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:59 am

I'm new to printing with large format printers, however have been contracting out work to printers. I am looking at purchasing an LEC-330 to save costs and keep the work in house etc..

The printing I will be doing will be standard images printing on paper and BOPP/ COPP film, most of the prints will have text and the outline of graphics emedded so that when picking up the printed job will give the customer a great feel. The prints will mainly be done in a matte finish.

What I am wanting to know prior to making a purchase is the difficulty in printing such work without little experience, I am a technical person and can learn new processes. Im going to learn as much as I can through trial and error, will the provided RIP software be a massive challenge to get good results from the 330?.

From your professional experience how do you think I will go?

mrtn
Gold Member

Re: LEC-330 Usability/ Learnability

Post by mrtn » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:47 am

I have addressed this numerous times here.

When Roland first developed VersaWorks it was for the same reason: to ensure the ease of use and full use of features the machines provide. VersaWorks is quite different from most commercial RIPs, it has a linear setup, you walk through the settings in a way that the most used ones are in the beginning and the rare ones in the end and you don't need to go there. Everything is visual and easy to understand. Most technical people get the use of features in a couple of hours, non-technical in a couple of days and that's it. No hidden or non-logical stuff, everything is there.

There's not much to do in the printer menu, in the printing process other than setup and origin points if needed, test cuts for the cutter blade force when changing media type etc. The printers have always been very easy to use.

There are lots of ideas in the internet for use of this type of technology: twitter, facebook, pinterest and so on.
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram

Dragprints
Bronze Member

Post by Dragprints » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:02 am

Watching some videos know for the RIP software and is looking really nice.

Is it possible to print only black using the emboss feature so that the black is slighlty elevated on the printed page?

or is it possible to have a second image printed over the page multiple times for just black to achieve this? (being from one print job )

Joe Wigzell
Gold Member

Post by Joe Wigzell » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:55 am

Hi Dragprints,

You can send multiple layers of either CMYK (or just black 'K' as you mentioned) or clear ink. These can be built up to your desired height to get an emboss. With the clear you can either print CMYK first, or afterwards to get a raised effect.

We have a training academy here if you need any extra help and if you buy the machine new you will receive training from the dealer that you purchase from.

It is really easy to run and once you get your head around the layers and print options it is very easy to adjust and edit and play around to get some really cool effects!!
Joe Wigzell
Academy and Creative Centre Manager
Roland DG UK Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

mrtn
Gold Member

Post by mrtn » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:07 pm

Yes, we have plenty of samples posted here in this forum as well. Look around.
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram