Versa express RF 640

Ask any questions you have before you make a decision
Eireleeds1

Versa express RF 640

Post by Eireleeds1 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:25 am

Have ordered one of these. Itll be replacing my seiko 64 that Ive used for near a decade so Im well up to speed on the printing end of things. Ive a couple of questions. For anyone whos got one, whats your verdict as they are a relatively new printer. Also, Im a mac user but will order a pc to solely run this. Can you recommend what spec and version of windows would be best as its been many years since Ive bough a pc

mrtn
Gold Member

Re: Versa express RF 640

Post by mrtn » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:33 pm

Any modern PC works.

An i-series processor (i3 or i5/i7) is ok, 8 GB or memory, a fast hard disk (7200 rpm) or an SSD flash HDD (120+ GB, preferably 256 GB), Windows 7/8 Professional. You don't need a powerful graphics adapter, the one on the i-series processor is perfectly adequate. Wired network connection is required for sending jobs to the printer, wifi is too unstable.

You don't actually need a monitor for the RIP computer as you can operate it via Remote Desktop or TeamViewer on your Mac. If you prefer a monitor make sure it's Full HD, not the funny resolutions of 800 or 900 lines. Full HD monitors are really cheap today.

If you have more questions, ask away.
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram

Rob Goleniowski

Post by Rob Goleniowski » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:34 am

General feedback on the RF-640 has been fantastic since shipment started. Customers are very happy with the speed and the quality at speed. It is fair to say it is a proper production printer that can be left to run 24 / 7 and at under £10,000 including the take-up, RIP and 1yr warranty, it is a bargain!

I used to say that a VSi would be the machine I would buy with my own money, but I have to admit I'd be very tempted with the RF-640... Have a look before you buy any printer as right now, £ for £ there is nothing better on the market.

Rob
Rob Goleniowski
UK & Ireland Sales Manager
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
email: rgoleniowski@rolanddg.com
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk
Follow me: @goleniowski

revolution-digital
Location: The Factory, North Avenue, Coalville, Leicestershire, LE67 3QX

Post by revolution-digital » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:13 pm

Hi Are you aware of the Mac based rip being offered by Roland and available very soon ? Priced at around £1000 it will include media profiling and be able to run 2 Roland devices. Media profiling software alone would be around £900 from X-rite.

Worth saving up for!

Jan revolution-digital.
Kind Regards

Jan

revolution-digital.co.uk
01530 510080

proud to be a Roland reseller