QR codes on estate agent boards

General discussion on ideas and applications. Things you've done, things you're considering, things you find tricky
Adam Wyles
Gold Member

Re: QR codes on estate agent boards

Post by Adam Wyles » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:39 am

I was speaking to a company yesterday who have been using QR codes for sometime in their T-Shirt business. They use them to brand all of the clothing just below the label in the back of the shirt, sweatshirts, etc. They do this everytime an item of clothing leaves there premises and say that it has changed their business.
They have it link to a page on their website where you can regisiter and if you came via the QR code label, guess what...you receive a discount on your next order!
Adam Wyles
Regional Support Manager
TheMagicTouch
"Everything is changing - so be part of it"

Visit us at http://www.themagictouch.co.uk
Follow me on Twitter @AdamWyles1

Patrick Thorn
Gold Member

Post by Patrick Thorn » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:39 am

Hi All, It is so interesting where you see these QR codes, I was with a client last week in Cardiff and the 3 little restaurants next to them all had QR codes on their specials A boards outside. Then to top that yesterday Andrew Dudley and I were in Southampton University with the iModela, went to use the loo, and yes you may have guessed, QR codes on the loo doors. Seems like you have to have your phone with your QR App ready at all times.
QR Code ® is registered trademarks of DENSO WAVE INCORPORATED in JAPAN and other countries.
http://www.denso-wave.com/qrcode/index-e.html
Patrick Thorn
Premier Consultant - 3D Technology
Roland DG UK Ltd

http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

Mal
Silver Member

Post by Mal » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:34 pm

I've been playing today and decided that I will put QR codes will almost everything I send out. There may be more sites but the one I found at http://goqr.me/ is quite cool.

I have thought of putting a large one on the back of the van... Set it to have a road safety message regarding keeping your distance :D

Mal
Last edited by Mal on Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mal Dewhurst
mal@dewhursts.com

Using a SP540i with Versaworks V4.6, CoralDRAW X3 and SignLab 9

Dennis Poole
Administrator

Post by Dennis Poole » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:52 pm

Nice idea Mal. Although I can see the irony of someone hitting the back of you as they were too busy trying to read the message using the QR reader on their phone whilst driving :D
Dennis Poole
Managing Director
RDR Global Limited

knaggsy

Post by knaggsy » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:25 pm

Hi I am new here I don't actually get my New Roland BN20 till Monday 11/11/13 and was just looking through the forum, when I noticed this post.
My Business is actually QR Codes for a number of uses including estate agents.
But just to print and display a QR Code on a estate agents board would be the wrong way to go about things.
The code could only be used once, for the said property.

to use a QR code it needs to be dynamic and involves a lot of development website it will point to.
The point is that a QR code does not just point to a website selling a Home.
It should on being scanned show photos and one touch call to action contact information.
This should also be information, images etc. that can be changed and updated for when the House is sold or price changes.
heres an example.

http://www.tagmebands.co.uk/products-pa ... rty-sales/

The QR Code also needs to work on all devices i.e. Apple Samsung, sony, HTC, etc.
This is why I have bought my Roland to keep up with demand for both estate agents and vehicle decals.
But the App side of things can and is very expensive to set up.

sawdust
Gold Member

Post by sawdust » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:17 pm

I put them on business cards and have one on the back of my van "Hello again"
DTG and Versacamm SP540i user

Andrew Dudley
Gold Member

Post by Andrew Dudley » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:29 am

I think at the minimum you can just use the QR to open a web page to the estate agents page for that house.
These pages get updated and the sign / window ad gets taken down when the house is sold.

I'm sure there is a trendy resteraunt somewhere where the only menu's are 'paperless' and the QR code takes you to a JPG or PDF.

You can do a lot with this, and the more inventive the more memorable, and probably effective. But as long as it takes you to a place with more information (words, pictures or whatever) then that is a good thing.
Andrew Dudley
Business Manager - 3D & Dental
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
Web: www.rolanddg.co.uk