Refurbishing asecond hand SP-300V printer

Warranties, repairs and maintenance
Geoffhogarth
Bronze Member

Refurbishing asecond hand SP-300V printer

Post by Geoffhogarth » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:05 pm

While refurbishing my "project" sp-300V printer, I bought a new Eco-Sol Max original yellow 220 ink cart, scan motor, linear encoder strip, big dampers, 4 x ink junction boards, wipers, filters. I updated the firmware to 7.4 as well.

While fine tuning, calibrating, flushing, priming, test printing etc, everything was working good, with the machine reading the chip data on all 4 carts.

Over the next week or so, I printed, laminated and cut a few jobs, and everything worked perfectly, each morning I checked the history (pec) and saw that the machine was auto cleaning as it should, Then one morning I saw that the auto cleaning had stopped, I watched it over a few days and it remained in this state. Now I see that the new yellow chip is not being read, and the error "Data Error" is coming up in the Servis Menu/Cartridge selection.

The printer does however read another cartridge, from my "active" printer without the error, so I have proved it is the chip at fault (corrupted?). With the cart from the other machine still installed, the auto cleaning has worked for the last 2 days.

I have tried the usual tricks, re-inserting several times, power down, try again etc. I would have swapped the chip over from an old cartridge, but I no longer have any.

Is it possible to buy from Roland a replacement chip? any advise, or a solution greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Joe Wigzell
Gold Member

Re: Refurbishing asecond hand SP-300V printer

Post by Joe Wigzell » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:20 am

It is not possible to buy a chip from Roland, but somebody may be able to help you out on here!?
Joe Wigzell
Academy and Creative Centre Manager
Roland DG UK Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

Geoffhogarth
Bronze Member

Post by Geoffhogarth » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:04 pm

Joe Wigzell wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:20 am
It is not possible to buy a chip from Roland, but somebody may be able to help you out on here!?
Thanks for the reply, I emailed Grafityp on Saturday, from whom I bought it from, they replied Monday that a replacement cart would be delivered Tuesday (to-day), and the old one collected Wednesday.

That is what I call a good service from Grafityp.co.uk

Joe Wigzell
Gold Member

Post by Joe Wigzell » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:41 pm

Ace!
Joe Wigzell
Academy and Creative Centre Manager
Roland DG UK Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk