CX 24 Roland Cutter Power Failed....

Come in and introduce yourself
emg

CX 24 Roland Cutter Power Failed....

Post by emg » Tue May 28, 2013 1:57 pm

Hello everyone & Good Day!
Im new to this forum. trying to fix my cutter its roland cx-24 it was showing "motor voltage error" tried to apply the instructions that was one of the topic but it shows the same message then power failed. :shock: i wonder if anyone knows what happened? if there's a fault on power supply where can i buy and how much are these part?
Thank you.

Shawscreen

Re: CX 24 Roland Cutter Power Failed....

Post by Shawscreen » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:23 pm

Hi,

I'm also new on here and have exactly the same issue !!...

Did you get it resolved ? If you did, can you please let me know the fix ....

many thanks...

Rob.....

mrtn
Gold Member

Post by mrtn » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:09 pm

It's a proprietary power supply so your nearest Roland service center would be my best bet for spares.
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram

emg

Post by emg » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:43 am

Hi, I did managed to fix my cx-24 power switching board after having problem with "motor voltage error" then power failure. I replaced 2 smd resistors, rectifier and a fuse. Parts cost is less than £15.

Shawscreen

Post by Shawscreen » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:50 pm

wow !!... any chance you could give me an idiots guide to repairing it myself ??.. I've no idea what an smd resistor, rectifier even look like for starters :-(
any help would be greatly appreciated !!:)

emg

Post by emg » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:23 am

Hi shawscreen, yes I was trying to get a new power supply for a hassle free but roland UK dont keep them parts anymore. I found one but then its so expensive to ship from the U.S. to here. Thats why I decided to repair it. This is not a straight forward repair as you need to test the parts in or out of the circuit. I can post a photos to each parts and the tools i used, BUT if you dont know about electronics I will not recommend this for health and safety reason. This is very DANGEROUS to ELECTROCUTION as you are carrying a high voltage to lower voltage test. What I can suggest is ask a friend or anyone who is an electronic engineer to repair it for you.

Etchworx

Post by Etchworx » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:39 am

Hi emg

My brother has a CX24 which is also coming up "motor voltage error" . I believe that the power board is faulty. If you are able to provide assistance that would be brilliant.

I do know something about electronics and would have no problem replacing the larger SMD parts, but, identifying where the problem is, is the issue.

I have measured the output voltage from the coil (part N-T01-176) and am getting 125VAC on the output near the edge of the board and 9.8VAC on the other side.

I assume that the 125VAC is far too high.

On Con2. I am getting 5VDC between pins 1 and 2, but 0V between 3 and 4.

Some other bits of info, there is heat damage on the board (top and bottom) around R013/R014 also R002/R003/R004 and R101/R102/R103

Thanks for any help you are able to provide.

Aparsons

Post by Aparsons » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:01 am

Would be very interested in the "emg" fix for the CX24 voltage error. Am happy to get into it with a soldering iron and am very happy to save a lot of time by "standing on the shoulders of giants". It seems that the PSUs of the CX24 have a design weakness and so it is conceivable that the same parts fail. What were the numbers or positions of the failed parts, do you have any photos or technical service information.
Thanks for the handy information.

Phil Price

Post by Phil Price » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:22 am

I've just had my CX24 power supply repaired.....got it back this morning. Reinstalled and plugged in and everything is working fine now. I used a company by the name of Greasley Electronics Limited. It wasn't the cheapest repair but it was better than binning a perfectly good cutter.

DirtyDeano

Post by DirtyDeano » Thu May 16, 2019 9:33 pm

Hi all, sorry to drag up an old thread but any help would be appreciated!
I have the dreaded power board failure, looks like one of the 2 '183' resistors has died and there is some obvious discolouration of the board.
So, with the part no longer available, can anyone help with;-
    A new board (wishful thinking)?
    A second hand board?
    A supplier and part number for the replacement SMD resistors?
    Could anyone even confirm the output voltages from the PSU pins so I could look to provide an alternative power source?
    If someone is in the north west of England and has one of these that work, could you let me read the voltage using my multimeter (there's a pint in it for you :-)
    Fingers crossed I can salvage it, it will be useful if I can get it going!
    Thanks for taking the time to look at this.