Hello AND MDX-500 with Mach 3 question :~)

Come in and introduce yourself
jljr99

Hello AND MDX-500 with Mach 3 question :~)

Post by jljr99 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:49 pm

Hi, My name is Jim.. I've spend most all my working career programming and operating wire edm and water jet machines.. That's 20 years worth.. I'm a Army Veteran in the states that goes back to the first Gulf War from the Iraq invasion of Kuwait in the early 90's.. At that time I was stationed in Frankfort Germany, then shipped to Saudi Arabia.. So here lately I started a little out of my home hobby shop.. I've radically completely customized a HD motorcycle, make jewelry, logo parts,,,, just anything that's fun and hopefully helps pay for all this toying around..

Which brings me to this point.. I just purchased a MDX-500, Roland.. It's just an extremely well built and solid machine.. It's the crowned jewel of my workshop.. NOW, if only it would move, lol.. It was purchased from a guy who had Roland software on his pc that he wouldn't give up.. The software was also misplaced.. He did perform a run for me to insure the machine worked.. My plan was to use Mach 3 as the controller software.. That seems to be a little more difficult than I had anticipated.. I have Mach 3 on two other machines and that work perfectly, not so much on the Roland..

SO

Can I run the MDX-500 with Mach 3?
Is there somewhere I can get the original software to run this machine, as a last resort?

Thank you
Jim

Kai Perry

Re: Hello AND MDX-500 with Mach 3 question :~)

Post by Kai Perry » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:33 pm

Hi Jim,

If you log a ticket with us, we should be able to point you in the right direction for the software.

Also drivers and software updates can be found here.
Kai Perry
Application Engineer
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

Patrick Thorn
Gold Member

Post by Patrick Thorn » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:29 am

Hi Jim

As Kai said, log a ticket.
Our old MDX500 has all the controlling built in, you dont need a MACH3 controller. Just a Printer cable or the correct RS232 cable and send a text file of cutting data. If you get our software, it will do the machining and send the file to the machine.
Patrick Thorn
Premier Consultant - 3D Technology
Roland DG UK Ltd

http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

ubot-u2

Post by ubot-u2 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:47 pm

HI there

I have general question. Is it possible to attached the 4th axcs to Roland mdx 500? The same as is in 540/650.

Thanks
Bogu