Roland shifting countour cut

Post questions, share ideas and techniques related to sign-making and graphics production
mapn2002

Roland shifting countour cut

Post by mapn2002 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:46 pm

Hi, I am new to the forum and I am trying to figure out what's wrong with my printer and maybe someone here has had the same experience. I have been printing and cutting the same files for over 5 years on the same printer, Roland Vs300i. They are printed and then laminated and put back on the printer for cutting. Since 2 days ago, the printed cuts the first line where it's supposed to, then from there on it starts moving the cut to the right. Have in mind the media is square with the printer and there is little to no movement on the media as it moves. So now, if I turn the printer off and back on, it will cut the 1 or 2 sheets in the correct position and from there on it will start moving them again and I have to move the SCAN to the + side to center it again. These are either 28"x60" or 28"x96" sheets that I have never had any issues printing and cutting in 5 years. I hope someone here has some light to shed on this issue. Thank you in advance!

Kai Perry

Re: Roland shifting countour cut

Post by Kai Perry » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:28 am

Could be the encoder shifting the cut, when you turn it off it resets the read of the scale causing the first print/cut to work.

Failing that it could be an issue with the belt and pulleys.

Give the RolandCare team a call and they can discuss it with you further - 01275 335540.
Kai Perry
Application Engineer
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk