Charity needing help with SG-300 error code 0400

Need advice on using your Roland Hardware.
Please note we do not give engineering advice in this group
EccenticSupportman

Re: Charity needing help with SG-300 error code 0400

Post by EccenticSupportman » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:44 pm

Thanks Kai, I just had a look in the service sub-menu. I found other options I had not heard of before - empty Damper and Fill damper

Those seem to be a better choice than my earlier idea. I'm guessing when I select either of them it will prompt me to pick which damper I want to empty/fill.

I guess when I do the empty, when I go to unplug the damper I probably clamp the tubes / tape them up to prevent leakage

EccenticSupportman

Re: Charity needing help with SG-300 error code 0400

Post by EccenticSupportman » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:18 am

Last update I will post on this subject...

After replacing the damper there was no difference to the output. (After emptying the damper via the service menu) I took out the black/yellow head. I saw, underneath the metal head cover, a tear in the foil to the size of where the 'nozzles' are. I presumed air was being drawn in here (hence the damper swelling outwards), and the captop could not pull any ink out because it couldn't get a proper air seal.
This also would be where the black ink was ejected from when we used to work around it by dragging the carriage to the cleaning side and pressing in the filler arm into the side of the damper.

We purchased a new head. Fitted it last week (that was a fun learning experience)...... and we can now print in all colours again! I need to align the bi-direction printing for the yellow head, but it works.

Thanks for your help Kai, most appreciated!