Roland PC-60

Need advice on using your Roland Hardware.
Please note we do not give engineering advice in this group
spiderpig

Roland PC-60

Post by spiderpig » Sun May 26, 2019 3:09 pm

Hi,

Recently acquired a pc-60 colorCamm Pro (yes i know it is old and maybe outdated but it was free) so thought i would have a little play with it.
After allot of internet searching i soon found support for this cutter is next to nothing - so i began to have a play around on setting up the machine, reading manuals installing drivers etc.

Got it cutting, doesnt do a bad job.

Im needed help/assistant on printing - when printing i get lines through the art work - could this be the head/hardware , or a setting in the software?

designs aren't owned by me and are being used for personal items only.

Thanks
Attachments
61685198_2728271647187041_67691386119389184_n.jpg
61502094_2728074020540137_6918427418835288064_n.jpg

woolly
Gold Member

Re: Roland PC-60

Post by woolly » Sun May 26, 2019 10:52 pm

unfortunately looks like a head failure but could be lucky things to check.

follow the head clean from the manual the cleaning pad needs to be new or spotless, look at the head surface mirror light and magnifying glass required looking for very thin left over plastic or coloured resin bits.
in the user manual describes adjusting the feed rate of the material to hide lines if its not set at zero reset it to zero default as people often tried to use this to hide a poor head.
if you wind the ribbon back a few turns you will see the parts that were not printed and may give a clue as to the part of the head to concentrate on.
at the bottom of the head unit the ribbon passes over a small foam rubber roller which falls to bits over the years and causes the ribbon to move sideways causing misprint lines but yours are to uniform for this but worth a look.

most of these machines were used until the head failed then because of the head cost just got put to one side a new head is now just about unavailable
and were subject to a lot of scams from overseas.
when working as they should were used alot for creating dome badges because of the ability to print bright golds and silver on to coloured vinyls then cut to shape.

as you say cutter works fine slow but accurate, both of those stickers could be reproduced as cut only.

best of luck

spiderpig

Post by spiderpig » Tue May 28, 2019 6:43 pm

Thanks for the reply.

It must be the head as i have checked everything regarding cleaning and it all appears to be clean.

Is there any way of recusing the head rather than replacing or is it time for the machine to rest in peace.

Cheers

Kai Perry

Post by Kai Perry » Wed May 29, 2019 11:13 am

You would have to replace the head as the old heads are not repairable.
Kai Perry
Application Engineer
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk